All of us can unanimously agree that no matter how healthy our lifestyles are, and no matter how well we take care of our body, we could still fall prey to various illnesses. And most dog owners just use anti-fungal spray for dogs as a ‘one solution that fits all problems’ remedy. However, health-related problems affect not only humans but also animals. If you are a dog-owner, you need to be aware of the kinds of health issues dogs face. In order to ensure that your dog has the best life possible, not only do you need to be aware of these health problems, you also need to know the solutions to them. Undoubtedly, taking good care of your dog will reduce the risk of several dog health issues. However, if you truly want to do your part as a loving dog owner, having the below information about major dog health problems is a must.
- Heart Disease- As your dog gets older, the risk of heart disease keeps increasing. The most common heart disease, congestive heart failure, prevents your dog’s heart from being able to pump blood properly. As a result, some fluid will accumulate in the chest cavity and lungs. To know if your dog has heart disease, you need to keep an eye out for signs such as coughing, difficulty breathing, inability to exercise, and loss of consciousness. In case you notice any of these signs, you should take your dog to the vet at the earliest or contact any pet accessory shops near you as they usually have good contacts with vets nearby.
- Ear Infections- Regardless of their age, ear infections are a prevalent problem in dogs. Your dog may likely have an ear infection if it spends most of its time outdoors. Caused by particles such as dust, dirt, or grass, it could result in irritation in your dog’s ears. Therefore, if you find your dog often pawing its ears due to irritation, you must not ignore it, as this behaviour could be an indication of ear infections. Your vet may prescribe some ear drops for the treatment of the same. More importantly, if you regularly clean your dog’s ears, you can easily avoid infections. You can buy many affordable and good quality pet products online in Lucknow to make sure that you are always prepared for treating any kind of ear infections that may arise.
- Fleas and Ticks- Though fleas are not a very serious issue, you should be aware of it because most dogs get fleas at least once in their lifetime. It is one of the most common dog health problems and can be easily resolved with some basic medication. Ticks, on the other hand, are potentially dangerous and can even lead to death. Some ticks cause fever, while others, such as the paralysis tick, can poison your dog’s blood, which can even be fatal. If you see ticks on your dogs, go to the vet immediately. So, the best solution is to get about 2-3 bottles of flea and tick remover. You can easily find flea and tick remover sprays by searching for pet accessories shops near me or you can try to buy pet products online in your city.
- Arthritis- Just like us humans, it is common for older dogs to suffer from arthritis. Although your dog will not complain about this disease, it still causes tremendous pain. This disease’s symptoms include various little things, such as your dog being slow to get onto its feet in cold weather and being less active than it regularly is. Regular exercise and weight control can help reduce the pain caused due to arthritis. Alternatively, you could also use various anti-arthritic drugs such as CBD oil, available at any pet products’ online store.
- Obesity- Yes, dogs can be obese too. Unfortunately, most dog owners fail to notice it. Though obesity itself is not a severe issue, it could be the reason for several other major dog health problems. Obese dogs are more prone to heart diseases, kidney failure, arthritis, and various other health problems. So, if you think that your dog is obese, consult with your vet for some solutions.
- Gas- or BloatingGas in humans is considered a minor issue. However, bloating in dogs is a severe issue. It’s a deadly condition for dogs, and if your dog is suffering from gas or bloating, it needs treatment immediately. In bloating, your dog’s stomach gets filled with gas, fluid, or food, making it expand. As it expands, it will start to cause more pressure on other organs. The most common sign of bloating is your dog feeling difficulty in breathing.
Excessive drooling and swollen stomach may also be indicative of bloating. The most common cause for bloating in dogs is eating too quickly, drinking large quantities of water, or running immediately after a meal. If you notice any of these symptoms, do not leave them untreated; go to your vet immediately.
The famous saying, “Prevention is better than cure,” applies to dogs as well. Therefore, you must remember to pay close attention to your dog’s behaviour and keep an eye out for any signs that may indicate discomfort. All the diseases mentioned above are unlikely to get serious if identified and treated early. However, if they are ignored or left untreated, they have the potential to be hazardous to your dog’s life. So, make sure to keep basic products like dog repellant sprays, flea and tick removers, and anything else your dog might need from trustable stores of pet products online. If you have any doubts about your beloved dog’s health, do not take any chances. If your dog shows any sign of discomfort, talk to your vet immediately to be on the safer side.